New football schedule set
Brady to face new opponents.
Brady will face all new opponents on the football field in the next two years, including rival Maxwell the first week of the season.
The Nebraska School Activities Association released the two-year schedules for all classes on Feb. 3.
Coach Darren Tobey said he’s glad the Eagles will remain in Class D-2 thanks to the shifting and consolidating of several other small schools.
Brady’s D2-9 district will include Eustis-Farnam, Hayes Center, Medicine Valley, Wauneta-Palisade and Wallace.
The non-district draws are Maxwell, Stapleton/McPherson County and Banner County.
Brady will not play the early-week game, opening with Maxwell on Thursday, Sept. 2.
“We’re excited to get Maxwell back on the schedule,” Tobey said. “And we’re going to play on Thursday in conjunction with our volleyball season opener. That gives us a little something extra to work toward all summer.”
The final regular-season game against Hayes Center will also be on Thursday with the remaining matchups on Fridays.
Sept. 17—at Banner County
Sept. 24—at Eustis-Farnam
Oct. 1—Medicine Valley
Oct. 8—at Wauneta-Palisade
Oct. 15—at Wallace
Oct. 21—Hayes Center
Sept. 1—at Maxwell
Sept. 9—at SMC
Sept. 16—Banner County
Sept. 30—at Medicine Valley
Oct. 20—at Hayes Center
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair