Bit by bit
TALL TASK: Workers from Terry’s Tree Service of Lexington started from the top of the giant cottonwood tree on North Market Street Thursday, taking the century-old landmark down piece by piece. Village board members agreed with a tree board recommendation in April that the mostly-dead tree that stands partly on Lane and Dee Ann Birkel’s property should be removed. After a land survey and trunk analysis, trustees voted in June to spend what remained of the Shady Brady tree grant to have the tree cut down.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.