Bit by bit
TALL TASK: Workers from Terry’s Tree Service of Lexington started from the top of the giant cottonwood tree on North Market Street Thursday, taking the century-old landmark down piece by piece. Village board members agreed with a tree board recommendation in April that the mostly-dead tree that stands partly on Lane and Dee Ann Birkel’s property should be removed. After a land survey and trunk analysis, trustees voted in June to spend what remained of the Shady Brady tree grant to have the tree cut down.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins