Incumbents, challengers file
Election deadlines drawing nearer.
With the first election deadline less than three weeks away, a few more people have thrown their hats in the ring.
Incumbents must file by Feb. 15 while challengers have until March 1.
Mayor Joyce Hudson will seek another term as will Nate Wyatt, a member of the District 20 school board.
The seats of school board members Scott France and Pat Hecox are also open.
Brent Block has decided he wants another term on the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital board.
Another GMH board incumbent, Larry Gill, filed earlier. Those are the only two seats open on the board.
For the lone seat open on the Gothenburg Airport Authority, Craig Bartruff filed for re-election earlier.
In the race for county sheriff, incumbent Gary Reiber will be challenged by Paul Schwarz of Cozad.
Both are Republicans.
The following county incumbents, who are also all Republican, earlier announced their intent to run.
Assessor—John Phillip Moore.
County commissioner District 2—Bill Stewart
County commissioner District 3—Bill Brecks
District court clerk—Sherry Warner
Register of deeds—Ruth Meyer
District 36 state senator—John Wightman
The primary election is May 11 followed by the general election Nov. 2.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar