Celebration of Hope
Dawson County Relay For Life raises nearly $75,000 to fight cancer
FIGHTERS FOR FISHER: Fifty Gothenburg Memorial Hospital employees made up the team “Fighting for Fisher” at the 20th Annual Dawson County Relay For Life which was Friday night and Saturday morning on the north end of Lake Helen.
Fisher, a former GMH nurse, died of the disease at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney at 8:17 a.m. Saturday when the relay ended. Fisher was featured in The Times in a 2012 feature story that told of her battle with ovarian cancer. In the past couple of months, Fisher was also diagnosed with leukemia.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout