Locks of Love
CLIPPERS ARE READY: Michelle Brodd (right) of Cozad is fighting cancer with clippers and scissors this year as the Locks of Love stylist volunteer at Relay For Life of Dawson County. She will be at Lake Helen in Gothenburg on Friday from 4 to 6 p.m., to cut Locks of Love donations as well as provide hair cuts for a freewill donation to go to Relay. Brodd is a stylist at Cost Cutters in Lexington where she visited with Alicia Lopez (seated) of Cozad about a possible donation. Helping at Relay is especially meaningful this year as Brodd’s mother, Cathy Brodd, formerly of Elwood, passed away on April 3 after battling two and a half years with leukemia. Donors are welcome to come early to see Brodd at Relay For Life. For more information, contact Pam Ackerman event chairperson at 308-324-2230.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action