Meet your new councilman
Appointed by Mayor Joyce Hudson to fill a Gothenburg City Council seat vacated by Duane Oliver, Randy Waskowiak is the new east-ward councilman.
Waskowiak’s appointment was unanimously approved by the council and he was sworn in at a July 8 meeting.
He will serve the remainder of Oliver’s term which is two years. Oliver died of cancer in May.
A Ravenna native, Waskowiak has lived in Gothenburg for 15 years and is chief financial officer at First State Bank.
A member of the last graduating class at Kearney State College, he has a degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting.
He said he decided to accept the appointment because it’s a chance to serve the community, using his talents to help the city in the short and long term.
Waskowiak is married to Natalie and the couple has two children: Lauren, 13; Kara, 10.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price