Meet your new councilman
Appointed by Mayor Joyce Hudson to fill a Gothenburg City Council seat vacated by Duane Oliver, Randy Waskowiak is the new east-ward councilman.
Waskowiak’s appointment was unanimously approved by the council and he was sworn in at a July 8 meeting.
He will serve the remainder of Oliver’s term which is two years. Oliver died of cancer in May.
A Ravenna native, Waskowiak has lived in Gothenburg for 15 years and is chief financial officer at First State Bank.
A member of the last graduating class at Kearney State College, he has a degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting.
He said he decided to accept the appointment because it’s a chance to serve the community, using his talents to help the city in the short and long term.
Waskowiak is married to Natalie and the couple has two children: Lauren, 13; Kara, 10.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities