Meet your new councilman
Appointed by Mayor Joyce Hudson to fill a Gothenburg City Council seat vacated by Duane Oliver, Randy Waskowiak is the new east-ward councilman.
Waskowiak’s appointment was unanimously approved by the council and he was sworn in at a July 8 meeting.
He will serve the remainder of Oliver’s term which is two years. Oliver died of cancer in May.
A Ravenna native, Waskowiak has lived in Gothenburg for 15 years and is chief financial officer at First State Bank.
A member of the last graduating class at Kearney State College, he has a degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting.
He said he decided to accept the appointment because it’s a chance to serve the community, using his talents to help the city in the short and long term.
Waskowiak is married to Natalie and the couple has two children: Lauren, 13; Kara, 10.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship