Little Free Library started in Brady
Brady residents showed up for a celebration Monday for two poets who arrived to start a Little Free Library.
The poets, Maya Stein and Amy Tingle, are riding 1,400 miles through the Heartland writing free poems and building Little Free Libraries.They were treated to a luncheon at Maureen’s Kitchen which was hosted by the Brady Library Committee and sponsored by the Gothenburg State Bank Brady Branch.
Village clerk Pam Diehl said the women wrote poems and encouraged children at the event to write their own.
Stein wrote a poem about Brady which follows:
This is how it goes:
I said to her, even before we left home, that Brady was the place I was
looking forward to the most. When she asked me why, I said I didn’t know,
that it was just a feeling. Like the kind you get when you know summer’s
around the corner, or the cookies are almost done, or the game is in your
favor or a poem is on your tongue.
Like something on the verge of blooming.
Like possibility. A feeling like that.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates