Fourth annual car and bike show raises nearly $2,500 for Relay For Life
Dawson County’s annual Car and Bike Show For A Cure took place last weekend around Ehmen Park.
This year’s show had 111 entrants. Don Fleischmann of Cozad won the Mayor’s Choice award with his 1966 Chevy Caprice, and 17-year-old Konner Barnes took home the George Parks Visionary award for his 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass that he has been working on for three years.
The Ed Schmeeckle award went to Cozad’s Gary Gengenbach for his ‘68 Camaro.
Contestants came from as far as Kansas for the cause that is expected to raise nearly $2,500 for Relay for Life.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500