Widicks are 2014 honored couple
Ren and Kathy Widick are the 2014 honored couple for Founders Day in Farnam.
Ren was born in the Farnam Hospital on May 8, 1939. Kathy was born in Kearney on Jan. 14, 1939. Both graduated from Farnam High School.
Married for 55 years, the couple are the parents of five children: Mike, Karen, Brad, Ross and Craig. They have 20 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
The Widicks have been active in the Farnam community. Ren was on the fire department for 25 years. He served as mayor and belongs to the Lions Club. He worked for the coop and is now retired.
Kathy was a stay-at-home mom and then later worked as a nurse for 20 years and is now retired.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC