Widicks are 2014 honored couple
Ren and Kathy Widick are the 2014 honored couple for Founders Day in Farnam.
Ren was born in the Farnam Hospital on May 8, 1939. Kathy was born in Kearney on Jan. 14, 1939. Both graduated from Farnam High School.
Married for 55 years, the couple are the parents of five children: Mike, Karen, Brad, Ross and Craig. They have 20 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
The Widicks have been active in the Farnam community. Ren was on the fire department for 25 years. He served as mayor and belongs to the Lions Club. He worked for the coop and is now retired.
Kathy was a stay-at-home mom and then later worked as a nurse for 20 years and is now retired.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500