Widicks are 2014 honored couple
Ren and Kathy Widick are the 2014 honored couple for Founders Day in Farnam.
Ren was born in the Farnam Hospital on May 8, 1939. Kathy was born in Kearney on Jan. 14, 1939. Both graduated from Farnam High School.
Married for 55 years, the couple are the parents of five children: Mike, Karen, Brad, Ross and Craig. They have 20 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
The Widicks have been active in the Farnam community. Ren was on the fire department for 25 years. He served as mayor and belongs to the Lions Club. He worked for the coop and is now retired.
Kathy was a stay-at-home mom and then later worked as a nurse for 20 years and is now retired.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet