Widicks are 2014 honored couple
Ren and Kathy Widick are the 2014 honored couple for Founders Day in Farnam.
Ren was born in the Farnam Hospital on May 8, 1939. Kathy was born in Kearney on Jan. 14, 1939. Both graduated from Farnam High School.
Married for 55 years, the couple are the parents of five children: Mike, Karen, Brad, Ross and Craig. They have 20 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
The Widicks have been active in the Farnam community. Ren was on the fire department for 25 years. He served as mayor and belongs to the Lions Club. He worked for the coop and is now retired.
Kathy was a stay-at-home mom and then later worked as a nurse for 20 years and is now retired.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout