Wyatt: Announcement impacts the community
Public invited to June 25 event
Why should the community attend a celebration next Wednesday?
According to Nate Wyatt, the event centers around an announcement that will be made at 5:30 p.m.
The celebration is from 5-8 p.m. in the green space by the four-plex.
Wyatt, Gothenburg Improvement Community fiber infrastructure committee chair, said the celebration is also to thank the community for returning about 1,300 surveys about telecommunication needs in April.
“It’s fun to be part of a community that looks out for a community’s best interest,” Wyatt said. “People took the time to promote and take the survey and the return rate exceeded anyone’s expectations.”
In addition to the announcement, free food, fun and entertainment is on the menu as well as a myriad of activities.
Face painting, carnival games, a football toss, bounce houses and an up-close look at a fire truck and ambulance will be offered as well as free T-shirts and drawings to win a $50 gift card, a flat-screen television and iPad.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics