Prescribed fire tour set for June 19 near Brady
The Loess Canyon Rangeland Alliance (LCRA) will be hosting a prescribed fire tour Thursday, June 19, on the property of Bob and Jenny Raymond south of Brady.
The tour will depart from the Ranchland gas station in Maxwell and the Pioneer building in Moorefield at 10 a.m. with the tour to begin at 11 a.m. Free lunch will be served.
The tour will view burns from this spring and previous years emphasizing the progress made to re-establish native rangeland by eradicating eastern red cedars in canyons and pastures.
The goal for this tour is to educate the public and landowners about the benefits of prescribed burns. Discussions will be held on how to prepare for a prescribed burn in a safe and efficient manner, establishing firebreaks, grazing deferments, cutting and stuffing, how we conduct burns, cost share, and benefits of prescribed fire.
Those on the tour will see the burn history dating back to 2001 and the economic benefit each landowner can gain with a successful burn.
For more information regarding the LCRA visit the website at www.loesscanyonburngroup.com.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates