Cubby’s coming to I-80 interchange
A new convenience and fuel store coming to Gothenburg will offer additional options for eating and more.
Cubby’s Inc. bought 1-80 Pit Stop and Plaza Shell and will take over Monday from Dean and Linda Goad.
District manager Bob Schulte said Godfather’s Pizza and Chester Chicken will be sold in the former Pit Stop which will be called Cubby’s Truck Plaza. A grill and kitchen will be added for breakfast items and hamburgers.
In addition, Schulte said the graveled area around the vehicle and truck parking fuel stations will be paved.
The former Plaza Shell, that will be renamed Cubby’s Express, will carry a full line of wine and spirits, the manager said.
Wine and spirits will also be sold at Cubby’s Truck Plaza but not as extensively.
Both locations will sell Cenex fuel and employ about 40 people, Schulte said.
In addition to paving, he said both locations will be remodeled- Cubby’s Truck Plaza most extensively.
Both stores will remain open during renovations which should be finished by the end of summer.
Cubby’s is at 33 locations in Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota. Gothenburg will be the farthest west location. “We were looking to expand and we’re always looking for opportunities,” he said. “This opportunity came up.”
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair