Farnam Founder’s Day celebration June 20-22
Farnam residents are getting ready to celebrate their annual Founder’s Day celebration.
The event is set for June 20-22 with plenty of activities throughout the three-day period.
Organizers highlighted just a few of the events on the list.
New to the celebration will be a Johnny Cash impersonator (Paul Eve from Branson, MO) who will perform in the Farnam High School gym on Friday, June 20, from 7 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $15 and can be obtained at the door or by calling 308-320-4005.
Some of Saturday’s activities include:
A five-kilometer (3.1-mile) run on Saturday, June 21. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. at the football field behind the school with the run at 8 a.m. The entry fee is $15 if pre-registered or $20 the day of the run.
A car show and shine from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call 308-569-2439.
A horseshoe tournament is set for 1:30 p.m. north of Clyde’s Bar & Grill. The entry fee is $10 and more information can be obtained by calling 308-569-2364.
A barbecue rib cook-off south of the park at 5:30 p.m. A choir from Mid-America College will perform.
A church service is planned at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 22, in the high school gym. The Nazarene Church is in charge of the service and the Mid-America College choir will perform again.
A more complete schedule of events will be published in the June 4 issue of The Times.
The public is invited to share in the activities.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates