Cozad Invite previews District B-4 golf meet
The Cozad Invitational Friday provided an early look at the District B-4 meet just three days later.
The top three teams were the same in both meets, just second and third place were switched. Ten of the 12 teams competing in the district meet played in the tune-up at Cozad Friday.
McCook posted a 305 to win the team championship. Broken Bow was the runner-up with a 311.
Gothenburg improved its best team score of the season that was posted Thursday at Ogallala with one three strokes better at Cozad, a 368 for 10th place.
Adam Speck’s 86 took top honors for the Swedes. Riley Ostendorf carded an 89.
Koy Potthoff of Scottsbluff shot a 72 and won a two-man playoff for meet medalist honors.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates