Shooting sends man to hospital
A 56-year-old Gothenburg man was taken to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital recently as the result of an accidental shooting.
Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber said Thomas Delahunty was at his rural residence on May 3 and was attempting to disassemble a 40-caliber pistol.
Reiber said Delahunty forgot to take out the loaded magazine and the gun discharged, hitting his left palm.
Delahunty called for an ambulance, the sheriff said, and wrapped his hand with a rag before walking to the end of the driveway to meet the ambulance.
No alcohol was involved, Reiber said, and the incident appears to be accidental.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price