Shooting sends man to hospital
A 56-year-old Gothenburg man was taken to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital recently as the result of an accidental shooting.
Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber said Thomas Delahunty was at his rural residence on May 3 and was attempting to disassemble a 40-caliber pistol.
Reiber said Delahunty forgot to take out the loaded magazine and the gun discharged, hitting his left palm.
Delahunty called for an ambulance, the sheriff said, and wrapped his hand with a rag before walking to the end of the driveway to meet the ambulance.
No alcohol was involved, Reiber said, and the incident appears to be accidental.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins