Shooting sends man to hospital
A 56-year-old Gothenburg man was taken to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital recently as the result of an accidental shooting.
Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber said Thomas Delahunty was at his rural residence on May 3 and was attempting to disassemble a 40-caliber pistol.
Reiber said Delahunty forgot to take out the loaded magazine and the gun discharged, hitting his left palm.
Delahunty called for an ambulance, the sheriff said, and wrapped his hand with a rag before walking to the end of the driveway to meet the ambulance.
No alcohol was involved, Reiber said, and the incident appears to be accidental.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC