Seniors awarded local and college scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS: A large number of Gothenburg High School seniors were recognized for receiving scholarships to four and two-year colleges and universities during Honor’s Night Monday night in the performing arts center.
Honor’s Night emcee and guidance counselor Jerry Wiggins said scholarships for higher education for the Class of 2014 totalled nearly $900,000. Recipients of the scholarships, who remained for a photograph, included: First row—Roy Slack, Blake Ristine, Trenton Long, Carson Messersmith; Second row—Courtney Brown, Aryn Meisinger, Kyndal Holmes, Brett Mann, Kayla Trevino, Kelsey Kuhlman, Ashley Wilkerson; Third row—Carlin Daharsh, Taylor Mroczek, Rebecca Anderson, Emily Franzen, Rachel Rice, Abbie Mazour and Betsy Potter.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities