Petunia and Chicken
Theatre Company visits: A New York-based theatre group, Animal Engine Theatre Company, performed for sophomore English students last Wednesday at Gothenburg High School. Wife-and-husband team Carrie Brown (left) and Karim Muasher performed “Petunia and Chicken” in the performing arts center. The show, created by the couple, was inspired by the works of Midwestern author Willa Cather. The couple also interacted with students about the work in the classroom. Funds were raised to bring the company to Gothenburg and the visit was part of their Nebraska Author’s unit. Pictured is English 10 teacher Roxanne Whiting (far left).
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested