Scores don’t match weather at Broken Bow
Gothenburg golfers couldn’t warm up to weather conditions that were close to ideal Friday at the Broken Bow Invitational.
The Swedes were hampered when senior Adam Speck couldn’t play because of back pain. As a result, the team had five players, rather than the usual six, with four scores counting.
Gothenburg finished in 10th place with a 404. Three Swedes carded even 100s—Dominic Long, Riley Ostendorf and Brett Mann.
Holdrege was the team champion with a 347. Nolan Breece of Holdrege was the meet medalist with a 76.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates