Franzen climbs all-time chart in shot
Gothenburg won five events in the Cozad Triangular girls track meet on April 1.
The non-scoring meet included the Swedes, Cozad and Brady.
Emily Franzen’s winning discus throw of 118-2 boosted her a spot to ninth on the Swede all-time chart. She also won the shot with a toss of 36-8.
Madi Gilg raced to first in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.37 seconds.
Sydney Gruber won the 3200-meter run with a 14:38.11 clocking.
Capturing first in the long jump with an effort of 15-8 was Kasey Wellmann.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair