GVFD firefighters recognized at annual banquet Saturday
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Dept. held its annual banquet Saturday at Wild Horse Golf Course.
A tally of calls answered in 2013 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 252 ambulance and transfer calls and 56 fire calls.
Awards for years of service were presented, and 10 members received certificates of recognition for a combined total of 160 years of dedicated service to the department and community.
Two new members joined the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Dept. in 2013—Matt Farr and Corey Rossell, both who are experienced firefighters from other volunteer departments.
It was noted that 21 of the 44 members are current EMTs.
Officers for 2014 were presented. The evening concluded with socializing by members and guests.
- Born in a hollow
- GMH prepares for Wellness Fair next week
- Music students receive top ratings at district contest Friday
- Council says ‘no’ to rebuilt fence
- Science Olympians 10th at state
- Riley wins 3200 run in JV invite
- Swede girls are competitive at Bader Invitational
- Reserve girls sweep sprints and relays