Car dealership undergoes renovation
After 22 years, owners Gary and Deb Mroczek are expanding and renovating their Pony Express Chevrolet dealership.
“It will be more user friendly for service with more attention to service,” Gary said.Paulsen Inc. of Cozad began work on the project March 6.
Plans are to add 5,000 square feet and remodel the showroom floor, the sales and business offices and the service department.
In addition to a larger showroom floor, that will accommodate three instead of one new vehicle, the lounge area will be also be expanded with an area for customers to use the Internet and for children to play, Gary said.
In the meantime, the service and parts areas of the business are now together in the south part of the shop while the sales and office staff work in a modular home south of the shop.
The main entrance to the business is also to the south (from Lake Avenue to Fourth Street) while the renovation and expansion project is underway.
“So bear with us with construction,” Gary said.
General Motors, which has a partnership with Pony Express Chevrolet, is participating in a small portion of the project, he said.
Gary said construction is expected to be finished sometime this fall.
The dealership was purchased from Simon Motors which was the last time the building has been renovated, he said.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities