Drugs seized near Gothenburg
A Sunday traffic stop on Interstate 80 near the Gothenburg exit led to the seizure of 122 pounds of marijuana and the arrest of a California resident.
Around 3:18 p.m., a Nebraska State Patrol trooper stopped an eastbound 2013 Chevy Impala for driving on the shoulder near the exit. The trooper was given consent to search the vehicle and the search led to the seizure of marijuana which was located in six duffel bags in the trunk of the car.
The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle, Toua Thao, 47, of Fresno, CA, was lodged in the Dawson County Jail on a charge of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates