Drugs seized near Gothenburg
A Sunday traffic stop on Interstate 80 near the Gothenburg exit led to the seizure of 122 pounds of marijuana and the arrest of a California resident.
Around 3:18 p.m., a Nebraska State Patrol trooper stopped an eastbound 2013 Chevy Impala for driving on the shoulder near the exit. The trooper was given consent to search the vehicle and the search led to the seizure of marijuana which was located in six duffel bags in the trunk of the car.
The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle, Toua Thao, 47, of Fresno, CA, was lodged in the Dawson County Jail on a charge of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST