Paulsen to start school addition this spring
Cozad contractor submits lowest bid
Paulsen Inc. has been awarded the bid for construction of a new science room and preschool at Brady Public Schools.
In a meeting Monday night, Brady school board members approved the Cozad contracting company’s low bid of $379,000. Contractors will start the project as soon as weather permits.
Other companies that bid on the project were TL Sund Constructors Inc. in Lexington for $439,530, Steels Roofing and Construction from North Platte for $444,325 and Wayne Dowhower Construction, also out of North Platte, bid for $484,000.
In other business, the board approved the purchase of a new school bus for the 2015 school year.
The school will pay $78,056 for a 2014 Blue Bird 53-passenger bus.
In a related matter, board members also approved transferring $25,000 from the school’s general fund into its depreciation fund to help buy the vehicle.
On another note, both of Brady’s gymnasium floors will be refinished this summer by JazMat Enterprises out of McCook.
JazMat was the only company to bid the project and will be paid $5,010.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney