Paulsen to start school addition this spring
Cozad contractor submits lowest bid
Paulsen Inc. has been awarded the bid for construction of a new science room and preschool at Brady Public Schools.
In a meeting Monday night, Brady school board members approved the Cozad contracting company’s low bid of $379,000. Contractors will start the project as soon as weather permits.
Other companies that bid on the project were TL Sund Constructors Inc. in Lexington for $439,530, Steels Roofing and Construction from North Platte for $444,325 and Wayne Dowhower Construction, also out of North Platte, bid for $484,000.
In other business, the board approved the purchase of a new school bus for the 2015 school year.
The school will pay $78,056 for a 2014 Blue Bird 53-passenger bus.
In a related matter, board members also approved transferring $25,000 from the school’s general fund into its depreciation fund to help buy the vehicle.
On another note, both of Brady’s gymnasium floors will be refinished this summer by JazMat Enterprises out of McCook.
JazMat was the only company to bid the project and will be paid $5,010.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action