Two injured in assault
Jail inmate faces more charges
A male and female victim of an assault were taken to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital Saturday afternoon.
Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber said sheriff deputies and local law enforcement and rescue personnel were called to a rural residence about 4:36 p.m.
There, Reiber said 39-year-old Kevin Bates was taken into custody.
Bates was being housed at the Dawson County Jail and was on work release when the alleged incident happened.
Bates was charged with the additional crimes of second-degree assault, third-degree domestic assault, false imprisonment and strangulation.
Rescue personnel transported a 31-year-old female and a male, 42, to the hospital where they were treated for injuries, he said.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together