Brady school board votes against Porter’s renewal
Brady’s superintendent of schools may not be back in August.
During an open session of a Brady school board meeting Monday night, four board members voted not to extend the contract of William Porter Jr.
They were Lisa Diehl, Matt Hatch, Mary Ellen Mann and Bryan Franzen.
Two members, Marge Spencer and TJ Walker, voted to extend Porter’s contract.
Porter declined to comment on the vote Wednesday morning but did say he has requested an open hearing.
Porter has been superintendent of Brady Public Schools for five years.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC