Brady school board votes against Porter’s renewal
Brady’s superintendent of schools may not be back in August.
During an open session of a Brady school board meeting Monday night, four board members voted not to extend the contract of William Porter Jr.
They were Lisa Diehl, Matt Hatch, Mary Ellen Mann and Bryan Franzen.
Two members, Marge Spencer and TJ Walker, voted to extend Porter’s contract.
Porter declined to comment on the vote Wednesday morning but did say he has requested an open hearing.
Porter has been superintendent of Brady Public Schools for five years.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested