Brady school board votes against Porter’s renewal
Brady’s superintendent of schools may not be back in August.
During an open session of a Brady school board meeting Monday night, four board members voted not to extend the contract of William Porter Jr.
They were Lisa Diehl, Matt Hatch, Mary Ellen Mann and Bryan Franzen.
Two members, Marge Spencer and TJ Walker, voted to extend Porter’s contract.
Porter declined to comment on the vote Wednesday morning but did say he has requested an open hearing.
Porter has been superintendent of Brady Public Schools for five years.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins