Brady school board votes against Porter’s renewal
Brady’s superintendent of schools may not be back in August.
During an open session of a Brady school board meeting Monday night, four board members voted not to extend the contract of William Porter Jr.
They were Lisa Diehl, Matt Hatch, Mary Ellen Mann and Bryan Franzen.
Two members, Marge Spencer and TJ Walker, voted to extend Porter’s contract.
Porter declined to comment on the vote Wednesday morning but did say he has requested an open hearing.
Porter has been superintendent of Brady Public Schools for five years.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action