Eric McCain seeks release; hearing set
Eric McCain wants out of prison.
McCain, formerly of Gothenburg, was convicted of first-degree murder in 1990 for shooting police sergeant Glenn Haas of Gothenburg.
Court officials said McCain seeks release under a new U.S. Supreme Court ruling.
In addition, the Nebraska Legislature passed legislation that ends mandatory life sentences for juveniles who commit first-degree murder.
McCain was 17 when he was sentenced to life in prison.
Dawson County district judge James Doyle has set a hearing for Eric McCain on May 16.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite