Eric McCain seeks release; hearing set
Eric McCain wants out of prison.
McCain, formerly of Gothenburg, was convicted of first-degree murder in 1990 for shooting police sergeant Glenn Haas of Gothenburg.
Court officials said McCain seeks release under a new U.S. Supreme Court ruling.
In addition, the Nebraska Legislature passed legislation that ends mandatory life sentences for juveniles who commit first-degree murder.
McCain was 17 when he was sentenced to life in prison.
Dawson County district judge James Doyle has set a hearing for Eric McCain on May 16.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500