Eric McCain seeks release; hearing set
Eric McCain wants out of prison.
McCain, formerly of Gothenburg, was convicted of first-degree murder in 1990 for shooting police sergeant Glenn Haas of Gothenburg.
Court officials said McCain seeks release under a new U.S. Supreme Court ruling.
In addition, the Nebraska Legislature passed legislation that ends mandatory life sentences for juveniles who commit first-degree murder.
McCain was 17 when he was sentenced to life in prison.
Dawson County district judge James Doyle has set a hearing for Eric McCain on May 16.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State