Eric McCain seeks release; hearing set
Eric McCain wants out of prison.
McCain, formerly of Gothenburg, was convicted of first-degree murder in 1990 for shooting police sergeant Glenn Haas of Gothenburg.
Court officials said McCain seeks release under a new U.S. Supreme Court ruling.
In addition, the Nebraska Legislature passed legislation that ends mandatory life sentences for juveniles who commit first-degree murder.
McCain was 17 when he was sentenced to life in prison.
Dawson County district judge James Doyle has set a hearing for Eric McCain on May 16.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.