Eric McCain seeks release; hearing set
Eric McCain wants out of prison.
McCain, formerly of Gothenburg, was convicted of first-degree murder in 1990 for shooting police sergeant Glenn Haas of Gothenburg.
Court officials said McCain seeks release under a new U.S. Supreme Court ruling.
In addition, the Nebraska Legislature passed legislation that ends mandatory life sentences for juveniles who commit first-degree murder.
McCain was 17 when he was sentenced to life in prison.
Dawson County district judge James Doyle has set a hearing for Eric McCain on May 16.
- Ag economy forecast looks favorable
- MRSA cuts Miller’s state wrestling debut short
- Ostendorf will call Hastings home
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr