SMC Cyclones roll past Eagles, 61-33
It was a story of two Brady teams against Stapleton/McPherson County Saturday.
In the first and third quarters of play, Brady made open shots on offense and limited its turnovers.
In the second and final period, they turned the ball over and gave up layins to the Cyclones which led to a 61-33 loss.
“We were playing solid ball and got the lead after one quarter,” head coach Dave Jacobs said. “Then we dug ourselves into a hole and that was the game.”
Leading 11-10 after the first frame, Jacobs said the second quarter was demoralizing.
“We turned the ball over way too much,” he said.
Brady scored only four points and trailed SMC 31-15 at halftime.
Jacobs said he talked with the guys that it was still a reasonable contest.
Brady adjusted offensively and scored 10 points without many turnovers, however, they gave up 16 point and trailed now 47-25.
More turnovers in the final period allowed the Cyclones to cruise to victory.
“It was one of those game where both teams needed to win and SMC is tough on their floor,” Jacobs said. “Give them credit for performing. We couldn’t keep up with them.”
Nate Sitorius paced the Eagles with 9 points.
Scoring by quarters:
EAGLE SCORING: Nate Sitorius 9, Troy Lusk 7, Trevor Mann 7, Chase Viter 4, Alex TroBaugh 4, Austin Widick 2.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair