Eagles struggle against Falcon’s press in loss
Offensive firepower was an issue for Brady in its 68-16 loss to Hitchcock County Friday as the Eagles only scored two points in three of the four quarters.
Head coach Dave Jacobs said the Falcons were a good team whose defense gave his guys problems.
“Their press is something that hurt us,” Jacobs said. “We also made some mental mistakes and didn’t move a lot on offense.”
Jacobs added that he thought any team that holds its opponent under 20 points is solid defensively.
“Against good teams we shoot ourselves in the foot at times,” Jacobs said. “But once again, that’s a good ball club.
The Falcons, who advanced to 5-1 with the win over the Eagles, will be a tough out in the district tournament, Jacobs said.
High scorer for the Eagles was Nate Sitorius with five points while Austin Blume of the Falcons scored a game high 18 points.
Scoring by quarters:
Hitchcock Co. 18271310—68
EAGLE SCORERS: Nate Sitorius 5, Brant May 4, Dayne Porter 3, Troy Lusk 3, Trevor Mann 1.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30