Eagles struggle against Falcon’s press in loss
Offensive firepower was an issue for Brady in its 68-16 loss to Hitchcock County Friday as the Eagles only scored two points in three of the four quarters.
Head coach Dave Jacobs said the Falcons were a good team whose defense gave his guys problems.
“Their press is something that hurt us,” Jacobs said. “We also made some mental mistakes and didn’t move a lot on offense.”
Jacobs added that he thought any team that holds its opponent under 20 points is solid defensively.
“Against good teams we shoot ourselves in the foot at times,” Jacobs said. “But once again, that’s a good ball club.
The Falcons, who advanced to 5-1 with the win over the Eagles, will be a tough out in the district tournament, Jacobs said.
High scorer for the Eagles was Nate Sitorius with five points while Austin Blume of the Falcons scored a game high 18 points.
Scoring by quarters:
Hitchcock Co. 18271310—68
EAGLE SCORERS: Nate Sitorius 5, Brant May 4, Dayne Porter 3, Troy Lusk 3, Trevor Mann 1.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout