Eagles struggle against Falcon’s press in loss
Offensive firepower was an issue for Brady in its 68-16 loss to Hitchcock County Friday as the Eagles only scored two points in three of the four quarters.
Head coach Dave Jacobs said the Falcons were a good team whose defense gave his guys problems.
“Their press is something that hurt us,” Jacobs said. “We also made some mental mistakes and didn’t move a lot on offense.”
Jacobs added that he thought any team that holds its opponent under 20 points is solid defensively.
“Against good teams we shoot ourselves in the foot at times,” Jacobs said. “But once again, that’s a good ball club.
The Falcons, who advanced to 5-1 with the win over the Eagles, will be a tough out in the district tournament, Jacobs said.
High scorer for the Eagles was Nate Sitorius with five points while Austin Blume of the Falcons scored a game high 18 points.
Scoring by quarters:
Hitchcock Co. 18271310—68
EAGLE SCORERS: Nate Sitorius 5, Brant May 4, Dayne Porter 3, Troy Lusk 3, Trevor Mann 1.
- UNL releases land lease calculator app
- Ag economy forecast looks favorable
- MRSA cuts Miller’s state wrestling debut short
- Ostendorf will call Hastings home
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys