Gothenburg Shares not quite to halfway point
The Gothenburg Shares fund is nearly $500 from the halfway point of its $5,000 goal for this year.
Donations this past week totaled $620 to boost the fund’s total to $2,066.
The fund drive raises money to support the Christmas Food Baskets Program, which is sponsored by the Gothenburg Rotary Club. Food baskets with the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal will be delivered on Saturday, Dec. 15, by Rotarians other community volunteers.
In addition to 10 anonymous gifts this week, donations were received from Deb Weidman and Donna Keiser.
Donations are accepted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Gothenburg Times office, 406 10th St. To have your name listed in the newspaper, fill out the form elsewhere in this issue.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.