Gothenburg Shares not quite to halfway point
The Gothenburg Shares fund is nearly $500 from the halfway point of its $5,000 goal for this year.
Donations this past week totaled $620 to boost the fund’s total to $2,066.
The fund drive raises money to support the Christmas Food Baskets Program, which is sponsored by the Gothenburg Rotary Club. Food baskets with the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal will be delivered on Saturday, Dec. 15, by Rotarians other community volunteers.
In addition to 10 anonymous gifts this week, donations were received from Deb Weidman and Donna Keiser.
Donations are accepted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Gothenburg Times office, 406 10th St. To have your name listed in the newspaper, fill out the form elsewhere in this issue.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together