Operation Christmas Child
Gifts in action: For the past several years, the congregation at the First United Methodist Church in Gothenburg have collected gifts to fit in shoe boxes for children in other countries. This year, gifts packed in 133 shoeboxes were sent to Togo, Guinea and Mexico. The Evangelical Free Church also participated, with help from Marlene Jorgenson, in the project which is named Operation Christmas Child. Church secretary Becky Boson said the program tries to show God’s love through the power of the shoebox gifts. Pictured is Methodist Church member Alice Peters who spearheaded the project along with Boson.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action