Gothenburg Shares begins $5,000 campaign
The Gothenburg Shares fund kicks off this week.
Donations are being requested to help pay for the Christmas Food Baskets Program, an annual tradition in Gothenburg for 40 years.
This year’s goal is $5,000. Last year, 70 families were served by the program.
The food baskets provide the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal to families and individuals in need.
The delivery day for the food baskets is Saturday, Dec. 21. The Gothenburg Rotary Club sponsors the program with delivery assistance students and other individuals.
Cash donations can be brought or sent to: Gothenburg Times, 406 10th St., P.O. Box 385, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
If donors would like their name listed in The Times, they should fill out a form that appears elsewhere in this issue. Donations are requested by 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action