Gothenburg extends winning streak to 13
Gothenburg continues to win beating McCook and Lexington Oct. 10 at the McCook triangular
The victories make it 13 wins in a row for Gothenburg and raises its record to 19-3.
The Swedes beat the Lexington Minutemaids 25-6, 25-12.
Head coach Mary Clark knew the opponent wasn’t as strong as those earlier in the week and told the girls to focus on their game.
“A majority of their points came off our errors,” Clark said. “It was difficult for us to play fast but I am pleased with the girls’ effort.”
The Swedes used an aggressive attack and strong serving to down Lexington.
Tiani Reeves led the team with 11 kills on 14-15 hitting.
Regan Geiken and Aryn Meisinger each contributed five kills in the match.
Taylor Mroczek served 29-29 collecting 10 aces in the victory over the Maids.
In their second match, the Swedes dominated the Bison 25-5, 25-10 in a straight-set win.
Once again, Clark said the girls were reminded to keep the speed of the game up.
As in the previous match, Gothenburg used strong serving and a consistent attack to win the match.
Reeves led the team in kills with six while five other girls added at least one kill.
From the service line, Geiken racked up four aces while Meisinger complemented her with three of her own.
The Swedes travel to Kearney to take on the Bearcats and Lexington on Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities