Costello first in Cozad speech meet
Swedes open season Saturday.
Brennan Costello earned top honors when the Swede speech team kicked off their season at the Cozad Invite last Saturday.
Costello took the top prize in varsity persuasive speaking.
Speech team adviser Dan Jensen said he took a small team to the event because many of the students weren’t quite ready to compete.
The next meet is in Lexington on Jan. 9.
Other varsity results included:
Humorous prose—2. Ashlee Bruntz, 5. Chris Block, 6. Josh Clark.
Serious prose—4. Elisa Meridith.
Duet acting—2. Zac Franzen and Josh Clark.
Improvised duet acting—2. Brennan Costello and Josh Clark, 4. Elisa Meridith and Ashlee Bruntz, 5. Jeramie VanAcker and Zac Franzen.
Others competing were Morgan Kowalewski, Cale Moore, Ricci Whitney, Alex Spencer, Jon Rehmert, Kristin Bartlett, Beth Advey, Willis Middleton and Haydon McKenney.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State