Costello first in Cozad speech meet
Swedes open season Saturday.
Brennan Costello earned top honors when the Swede speech team kicked off their season at the Cozad Invite last Saturday.
Costello took the top prize in varsity persuasive speaking.
Speech team adviser Dan Jensen said he took a small team to the event because many of the students weren’t quite ready to compete.
The next meet is in Lexington on Jan. 9.
Other varsity results included:
Humorous prose—2. Ashlee Bruntz, 5. Chris Block, 6. Josh Clark.
Serious prose—4. Elisa Meridith.
Duet acting—2. Zac Franzen and Josh Clark.
Improvised duet acting—2. Brennan Costello and Josh Clark, 4. Elisa Meridith and Ashlee Bruntz, 5. Jeramie VanAcker and Zac Franzen.
Others competing were Morgan Kowalewski, Cale Moore, Ricci Whitney, Alex Spencer, Jon Rehmert, Kristin Bartlett, Beth Advey, Willis Middleton and Haydon McKenney.
- Hospital welcomes CFO
- Gothenburg drivers compete at Lincoln County Raceway
- No more bus parking on Avenue I because of safety
- Gothenburg welcomes new employee
- Swedes medal at state science meet
- BHS musicians earn highest rating at District IV contest
- Taxpayers get break for filing before deadline
- Swede girls win Brady/Gothenburg Invite