Two with local ties will be Ak-Sar-Ben princesses
Two young women with Gothenburg connections will serve as princesses in the 2013 Ak-Sar-Ben Coronation and Scholarship Ball.
Katie Keiser, 23-year-old daughter of Brian and Torey Keiser, will follow in her sisters’ footsteps. Amy was a princess in 2009 and Kelly in 2005.
Keiser, a 2008 graduate of Gothenburg High School, graduated last May from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a sociology degree.
Carolyn Clark, a 2010 graduate of Scottsbluff High School , is the daughter of Tod and Teresa Clark of Gothenburg.
Clark, 21, attends the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and plans to graduate in May of 2014 with a degree in business administration.
The ball was established in 1895 to recognize individuals in the region for their civic endeavors.
Princesses, escorts, and pages represent their families who are being honored for contributions to the region.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates