Two with local ties will be Ak-Sar-Ben princesses
Two young women with Gothenburg connections will serve as princesses in the 2013 Ak-Sar-Ben Coronation and Scholarship Ball.
Katie Keiser, 23-year-old daughter of Brian and Torey Keiser, will follow in her sisters’ footsteps. Amy was a princess in 2009 and Kelly in 2005.
Keiser, a 2008 graduate of Gothenburg High School, graduated last May from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a sociology degree.
Carolyn Clark, a 2010 graduate of Scottsbluff High School , is the daughter of Tod and Teresa Clark of Gothenburg.
Clark, 21, attends the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and plans to graduate in May of 2014 with a degree in business administration.
The ball was established in 1895 to recognize individuals in the region for their civic endeavors.
Princesses, escorts, and pages represent their families who are being honored for contributions to the region.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair