Two with local ties will be Ak-Sar-Ben princesses
Two young women with Gothenburg connections will serve as princesses in the 2013 Ak-Sar-Ben Coronation and Scholarship Ball.
Katie Keiser, 23-year-old daughter of Brian and Torey Keiser, will follow in her sisters’ footsteps. Amy was a princess in 2009 and Kelly in 2005.
Keiser, a 2008 graduate of Gothenburg High School, graduated last May from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a sociology degree.
Carolyn Clark, a 2010 graduate of Scottsbluff High School , is the daughter of Tod and Teresa Clark of Gothenburg.
Clark, 21, attends the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and plans to graduate in May of 2014 with a degree in business administration.
The ball was established in 1895 to recognize individuals in the region for their civic endeavors.
Princesses, escorts, and pages represent their families who are being honored for contributions to the region.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog