Shares fund reaches goal
The Gothenburg Shares fund exceeded its $4,000 goal with a major push in the final week.
A total of $1,610 was donated recently to make the grand total $4,480 for the year.
The money helped provide the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal for 68 area families this year.
In addition to anonymous donors, those contributing to the fund this week include: Art and Lucille Polak; Zac, Makayla, Quinn and Tylyn; Brady Harrison, Dorothy and Bruce Lobdell; anonymous in honor of Gothenburg eighth grade teachers and administrators; Cliff and Doris Geiken; and in thanks to Troy Daum and Clint Demoret.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action