Swimwear through the years
Nebraska Humanities Council speaker Susan McLain of Beatrice shared many pieces of her collection of swimwear and accessories and related what was going on historically at the time. Right, Sylvia Musil (left), Stone Hearth program director, and McLain display a beach costume from the late 1800s. Left, Stone Hearth medical aide Deb Welton holds an early swimsuit, from the mid 1800s, that resembles a bathing gown. Women often sewed weights in the sleeves and hems to keep the nightie from floating to the top.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins