Eighth grader wins Brady Road Run
The overall winner in the second annual Brady Days Road Run 5K race on Sunday was Colton Lovitt, a 13-year-old eighth-grader-to-be from Brady, finishing in 22:50.1. Lovitt also took first in the male 18-and-under age division.Jerry Valdez of North Platte, who is training for a marathon in October, was first overall in the 10K race in 47:47.0. He received the gold medal in the 40-49 age group in the event.
Two other runners in the 10K were both in the women’s 40-49 age division. Laura Gay of North Platte took first place and Linda Kramer of Stapleton finished second.
Additional results in the 5K race are as follows:
18 & Under
Female: 1. Amaya Ackerman, Gothenburg.
Male: 1. Colton Lovitt, Brady; 2. Matthew Walker, Brady.
Female: 1. Dixie Smeltzer, Brady; 2. Ashley Lydic, Brady; 3. Jennifer Spencer, Brady.
Male: 1. Russell Flesch, Central City.
50 & Older
Female: 1. Beth Barrett, Gothenburg; 2. Virginia Dyess, Plattsmouth.
Male: 1. Del Van Der Werff, Curtis; 2. Steve Windrum, Gothenburg.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook