Youth attend ag workshop
Five Future Farmers and agricultural customers of Gothenburg State Bank attended an annual Ag and Beyond workshop on Dec. 3.
Local attendees were sponsored by Gothenburg State Bank. The workshop was sponsored by the Nebraska Bankers Association and conducted by David Kohl.
Kohl, a nationally known speaker who specializes in ag economics and finance, was professor of agricultural finance and small business management and entrepreneurship in the department of agricultural and applied economics at Virginia Tech University from 1978-2003.
Gothenburg State Bank supports the program every year by sending agricultural customers.
The students were said to have found the workshop beneficial.
Kohl said he was glad to see the “next generation” in attendance.
He involved the students in his talk and presented lessons on what they need to expect after they graduate from high school.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500