Brady blood drive planned for July 15
Brady area residents are urged to support a blood drive in Brady on Monday, July 15, from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Community Center.
Donors looking for foods high in iron to boost iron levels should consider these choices: strawberries, watermelon, sweet potatoes, dark green veggies, potato skins, all meats and sea foods. With fresh garden produce available now, it’s easy to get iron.
Some things that in inhibit iron absorption are caffeinated beverages and chocolate. Try to stay away from those items a couple days before your donation, said Marilyn Bratten, Brady drive coordinator.
The goal for this drive is 25, so we hope to have a great turn out, she said. To make an appointment, call her at 584-3257. As always, walk-ins are welcome.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president