Banner promotes Lincoln Hwy.
The “ugly corner” at the intersection of Lake Avenue and Highway 30 is getting a face lift.
A new banner, recognizing the 100-year anniversary of the Lincoln Highway, was put up by Jim and Michelle Beenblossom of Moe’s Graphics last Friday.Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce director Anne Anderson said with a lot of traffic coming down Highway 30, the corner will be seen.
The Rotary Club is spearheading a project to spruce up the corner and make it look more inviting.
“It is the focal point of this town,” Anderson said. “Something needs to be done.”
Anderson, who is part of the Chamber tourism committee, is working with the Rotary Club to draw people into town with the project.
“We thought that making this corner look better would promote the highway nicely and promote Gothenburg and all our history to those who pass,” Anderson said.
To make this happen, the tourism committee has committed $5,000 toward improving the corner.
“We eventually plan to have huge, historic pictures of Gothenburg covering these walls,” Anderson said.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president