WCNDD elects officers
Brady man serves on board
At an annual membership meeting of the West Central Nebraska Development District in (WCNDD) recently in North Platte, four people from the district were elected to the eight-member governing board that includes Todd Roe of Brady.
Elected were Dana Harris of Grant, Doug Schultz of Curtis, Ashley Rice-Gerlach of Cambridge and Larry Cooper of Stapleton.
Besides Roe, others on the board are Mike Tuttle and Bruce Luehrs, both of Ogallala, and Richard Colson of Paxton.
Tuttle was elected chair, Colson as vice chair and Luehrs secretary/treasurer.
The governing board meets monthly and is responsible for WCNDD policies and oversight of funds.
Membership is comprised of representatives of municipal units of government as well as private entities as required by the Economic Development Administration.
The meeting was at the Golden Spike Tower-Bailey Yards that was attended by members and visitors across the 18 county-wide WCNDD district which includes Gothenburg, Brady and Farnam.
Karl Elmshaeuser, WCNDD director, presented the following awards: Jessie Faber of Grant, clerk of the year; Ogallala Community Redevelopment Authority, project of the year; and Cambridge, the Horizon Award.
Retiring governing board members J.R. Houser of Frontier County and Earl McNutt of Red Willow County were recognized for service to the board.
The next annual meeting of the WCNDD general member will be June 18, 2014.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates