Scottsbluff claims Dist. B-4 golf title
Scottsbluff blew away the competition May 13 in the District B-4 meet at Scottsbluff Country Club.
The Bearcats placed four golfers in the top eight including meet medalist Andrew Holloway who shot a 68.
“Their first three guys are pretty solid and the fourth and fifth guys are coming along,” Swede coach Don Graham said. “If they play anywhere like that at state nobody is going to come close to them.”
McCook also qualified for the state meet with a runner-up team score of 315. Gothenburg placed 12th at 410.
The Swedes continued to struggle with avoiding the big holes.
“They can’t figure out a way to avoid the big numbers,” Graham said. “When you make a bogey or double bogey here and there, you can get around those and shoot 88 and be okay.
“These guys have to learn to get rid of those big numbers and accept, at times, that they are going to make a bogey or double bogey instead of trying to make a miracle shot and walking off with a quad or worse.”
Adam Speck had the low score for Gothenburg with a 96. Patrick Messersmith was close behind with a 98.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.