Eagle boys place second at Dave Blevins Memorial Invite
Three Eagle girls win gold medals
Balanced scoring boosted the Brady Eagles boys track team to a second place finish at the Dave Blevins Memorial track meet Friday at North Platte.
The Eagles scored 105 points to finish behind champion North Platte St. Patrick with 141.
On the girls side, Brady placed a solid third with 78 points. St. Patrick took team honors with 147 points while Sutherland was runner-up with 94.
There were some good schools there and competition was good, Eagle coach Rich Britten said.
The meet also served as good preparation for Wednesday’s (today) District D-10 meet at Sutherland.
“We’re trying to tune up and get ready for district,” Britten said. “We finally had some decent weather.”
Brady boys warmed up to the challenge scoring points in 14 events.
Individual winners included Bryley Roper in the 400 (:52.82) and Matt Litzenberger in the shot (46-6).
Brady’s 4x800 relay was timed at 9:08.3 for the gold medal. Members include Cole Viter, Bowen Land, Cole Lewis and Cody Most.
Eagle girls posted three gold medal performances. Josie Palmer placed first in the high jump clearing the bar at 5-3. Valerie Most won the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 15.87 seconds. Autumn Hild was clocked at :64.43 to win the 400-meter dash.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president