Swedes can’t find their stroke at Gothenburg Invite
Swede golfers were not at their best Friday at the Gothenburg Invitational golf meet played at Wild Horse Golf Club.
Thirteen teams competed in the tournament with Scottsbluff taking the top prize with the low team score of 312. McCook was the runner-up with 317.
Gothenburg placed 13th with a team score of 423.
Adam Speck birdied his first hole and went on to lead the Swedes with an 86.
Adam had a good first round and ran into some trouble on the back nine, Gothenburg golf coach Don Graham said.
The meet medalist was Kade Brown of Decatur Community High School at Oberlin, KS. He overcame the cool, windy conditions to fire a 72.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates