A SMOKIN’ GOOD TIME
Organizers, participants declare Saturday’s BBQ event a success.Thoughtful tasting: Judges, certified by the Kansas City Barbecue Society, filled the pavilion at Lafayette Saturday, from noon to 2 p.m., to judge chicken, pork, brisket and ribs during the city’s first Pony Express BBQ Challenge at the park.
Entries were judged on appearance, taste and tenderness.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC