City seeks housing rehab applicants
Homeowners still have time to complete an interest sheet at the city office if they want to participate in an owner-occupied housing rehabilitation program.
Documents must be completed by May 1.
West Central Nebraska Development District officials said homes selected must be brought up to a set of quality standards which can include roofs, windows, foundations, siding, HVAC, handicap accessibility and elimination of lead-based paint.
Officials want to fund homes with a maximum $25,000 rehabilitation cost limit that will be available to income eligible homeowners.
Those interested are asked to complete a document at Gothenburg City Hall.
The interest sheets will determine what amount of funding the city will apply for but doesn’t guarantee funding from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development or to the homeowner.
WCNDD is assisting the city with the project which is funded through NDED.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout