Hird: Health not reason he resigned from job
Brady Public School principal Bruce Hird said he’s not resigning his position at the end of the school year for health reasons.
“I’m seeking other employment options,” Hird said.
Superintendent Bill Porter said in a story in the April 17 issue of The Times that Hird resigned for health reasons.
Hird said his overall health is not the basis for his decision to resign.
“I decided it was better to find a job elsewhere or take ‘rule of 85’ retirement rather than continue in the position,” he said. “Philosophical differences and communication challenges are factors contributing to my decision.”
He added that the students, teachers, and staff at Brady are awesome.
“I take great satisfaction in knowing that I helped Brady Public Schools improve over the past three years,” Hird said.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST