Gothenburg golfers show improvement in dual win
Adam Speck is meet medalist shooting a 39
Gothenburg’s golfers responded to some pleasant playing conditions with improved scoring Thursday in a dual with North Platte St. Patrick at Wild Horse Golf Club.
“The day was pretty nice,” Swede coach Don Graham said. “We actually had a few better scores and showed some improvement.”
Gothenburg picked up a win, beating the Irish 194-205 on the front nine.
Leading the way was junior Adam Speck who posted the meet medalist score of 39.
“He kept out of trouble,” the coach said. “I always tell the kids that whatever happens, try to avoid the big number. You’re going to make mistakes and bad shots are going to happen.
“When you make that bad shot, don’t compound it and instead of making bogey, walk off the hole with a double or trouble.”
Next up for the Swedes is a home dual Thursday against Ogallala. It will serve as a tune-up for the Gothenburg Invitational which will be played a week later.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair