Gothenburg golfers show improvement in dual win
Adam Speck is meet medalist shooting a 39
Gothenburg’s golfers responded to some pleasant playing conditions with improved scoring Thursday in a dual with North Platte St. Patrick at Wild Horse Golf Club.
“The day was pretty nice,” Swede coach Don Graham said. “We actually had a few better scores and showed some improvement.”
Gothenburg picked up a win, beating the Irish 194-205 on the front nine.
Leading the way was junior Adam Speck who posted the meet medalist score of 39.
“He kept out of trouble,” the coach said. “I always tell the kids that whatever happens, try to avoid the big number. You’re going to make mistakes and bad shots are going to happen.
“When you make that bad shot, don’t compound it and instead of making bogey, walk off the hole with a double or trouble.”
Next up for the Swedes is a home dual Thursday against Ogallala. It will serve as a tune-up for the Gothenburg Invitational which will be played a week later.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested