Gothenburg golfers show improvement in dual win
Adam Speck is meet medalist shooting a 39
Gothenburg’s golfers responded to some pleasant playing conditions with improved scoring Thursday in a dual with North Platte St. Patrick at Wild Horse Golf Club.
“The day was pretty nice,” Swede coach Don Graham said. “We actually had a few better scores and showed some improvement.”
Gothenburg picked up a win, beating the Irish 194-205 on the front nine.
Leading the way was junior Adam Speck who posted the meet medalist score of 39.
“He kept out of trouble,” the coach said. “I always tell the kids that whatever happens, try to avoid the big number. You’re going to make mistakes and bad shots are going to happen.
“When you make that bad shot, don’t compound it and instead of making bogey, walk off the hole with a double or trouble.”
Next up for the Swedes is a home dual Thursday against Ogallala. It will serve as a tune-up for the Gothenburg Invitational which will be played a week later.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout