Holbein wins lottery game
A Gothenburg man has an extra $15,000 in his pocket after winning a Nebraska Lottery scratch game.
Randy Holbein, 55, won after playing the $2 scratch game called Bunco. He bought the winning ticket at the local Time-Saver gas and convenience store.
After scratching the ticket, Holbein saw three identical dice.
Holbein said it felt “pretty cool” to win, noting that he plans to pay some bills with the money and isn’t sure what else he’ll do with it.
Lottery officials said there were three $15,000 top prizes available in Bunco and that Holbein was the third person to claim a top prize.
They said the odds of winning the top prize in Bunco were 1 in 300,000, while the overall odds of winning any prize were 1 in 3.97.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney