Holbein wins lottery game
A Gothenburg man has an extra $15,000 in his pocket after winning a Nebraska Lottery scratch game.
Randy Holbein, 55, won after playing the $2 scratch game called Bunco. He bought the winning ticket at the local Time-Saver gas and convenience store.
After scratching the ticket, Holbein saw three identical dice.
Holbein said it felt “pretty cool” to win, noting that he plans to pay some bills with the money and isn’t sure what else he’ll do with it.
Lottery officials said there were three $15,000 top prizes available in Bunco and that Holbein was the third person to claim a top prize.
They said the odds of winning the top prize in Bunco were 1 in 300,000, while the overall odds of winning any prize were 1 in 3.97.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities