Quadhamer earns medal for Eagles
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer was the only member of the Eagle speech team to earn a medal during the Gothenburg Invite on Saturday.
Quadhamer placed sixth in serious prose.
“Our students came away with more passion to practice and get better,” said Brady coach Brian Fleming. “All of the students improved their scores throughout the day.”
First-time competitors Dayne Porter and Bailey Maddox, both freshmen, were pleased with their performances despite their nervousness, Fleming said.
Junior Donnie Trisdale, an experienced speech team member who performed for the first time this year at Gothenburg, received constructive comments on his judging sheets, Fleming said.
Other Brady students entered in the Gothenburg meet were Lexi Franzen, Madison Elliott and Brandon Montgomery.
The Eagles are scheduled to compete at North Platte on Saturday.
- Swim team compete at league championship
- Mentoring said to stay with kids all their lives
- Gothenburg man dies in single-car accident
- History preserved
- Sewer improvements
- Brady Days ‘brand wagon’ offers something for everyone
- Ag leaders unite to address property taxes, other issues
- Monday morning accident