Quadhamer earns medal for Eagles
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer was the only member of the Eagle speech team to earn a medal during the Gothenburg Invite on Saturday.
Quadhamer placed sixth in serious prose.
“Our students came away with more passion to practice and get better,” said Brady coach Brian Fleming. “All of the students improved their scores throughout the day.”
First-time competitors Dayne Porter and Bailey Maddox, both freshmen, were pleased with their performances despite their nervousness, Fleming said.
Junior Donnie Trisdale, an experienced speech team member who performed for the first time this year at Gothenburg, received constructive comments on his judging sheets, Fleming said.
Other Brady students entered in the Gothenburg meet were Lexi Franzen, Madison Elliott and Brandon Montgomery.
The Eagles are scheduled to compete at North Platte on Saturday.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates