Quadhamer earns medal for Eagles
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer was the only member of the Eagle speech team to earn a medal during the Gothenburg Invite on Saturday.
Quadhamer placed sixth in serious prose.
“Our students came away with more passion to practice and get better,” said Brady coach Brian Fleming. “All of the students improved their scores throughout the day.”
First-time competitors Dayne Porter and Bailey Maddox, both freshmen, were pleased with their performances despite their nervousness, Fleming said.
Junior Donnie Trisdale, an experienced speech team member who performed for the first time this year at Gothenburg, received constructive comments on his judging sheets, Fleming said.
Other Brady students entered in the Gothenburg meet were Lexi Franzen, Madison Elliott and Brandon Montgomery.
The Eagles are scheduled to compete at North Platte on Saturday.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST